Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mixed Nut Butter


I have yet another test on Monday, so I thought that due to my busy situation I would post a quick recipe today. While I have had a slightly lighter week than last week, I have still been relatively busy with study. One benefit of having a little bit more time with my week is that I used last Sunday to get some baking done. I made some delicious sugar-free Smacaroons that I could just grab on busy day for study snacks and I also made some Honey Coconut Blueberry Bran Muffins for lunches for hungry male and I. It is so nice knowing that I have some healthy snacks to just grab and both of these were delicious.

When I was in Australia, I tried some delicious mixed nut butter. I have also seen this products on some of the food blogs that I read, but I haven't been able to find this product in Dunedin. I'm sure that if I did manage to find it, it would cost me an arm and a leg. While over there, I had the thought that if I can make my own peanut butter, surely i could make my own mixed nut butter. This was really easy to make, all you need is a good food processor, and provides a nice change to peanut butter.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, roasted ( I just bought pre-roasted ones from the supermarket)
1 glass preserving jar

1. Place the nuts in the food processor.
2. Whiz on a high speed for around 10 minutes, scraping down the sides occasionally. The nut butter should eventually be quite runny and spreadable. If this isn't happening, add a little vegetable oil.

Its that simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...