Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hazelnut, Strawberry and Chocolate Bark


Woohoo! It's time for my second christmas recipe!! This little beauty came to mind when I found some freeze dried strawberries in a local Asian store. I love freeze dried berries!! They are crunchy, sweet and just in general amazing! 

I took this chocolate bark for a potluck supper we had for my grandparents birthday and it went down a treat. It chocolately, a little bit salty with some sweet and crunchy surprises inside. Although I spread this thin so that it was a chocolate bark, you could form into into thicker bars or pour into moulds for wee chocolates to give as presents. Anyway you do it it will be fantastic

Oh and p.s. It's so easy!!!

Ingredients

250g good quality dark chocolate (I used 70% cocoa)
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/4- 1/2 cup chopped freeze dried strawberries
1/2 cup roasted chopped hazelnuts

Either in the microwave or in a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate and peanut butter together.

Stir in the chopped strawberries and hazelnuts until well mixed.

Spread a layer of baking paper or a silicone mat onto your bench. Using a knife, spoon or palette knife, spread the chocolate in a thin, even layer.

Leave to set and then using a sharp knife chop into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...